Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Minecraft Exploration

I didn't take to Minecraft immediately. The creepers, well, creeped me right out of the game. It was intrguing, but the nighttime deaths were taking their toll on my patience. I wanted to explore and not get destroyed. I wanted to build and not have to hide at night. I felt that I was not long for the application, and would leave it behind me after the course was over. Nope.
I found myself making my final project for 531 in Minecraft, and suddenly, I saw the appeal. I knew it was 'cool' to build allalong, but it just wasn't happening for me. But when I was tasked to build such that others would deliberately occupy the space, well, there was some motivation. I dug deep (literally) and found the preocesss to be wildly engaging. I wanted to discover more tricks, more hidden neat-os. I talked to my 10-year-old son about the game (he knew too much; I couldn't follow), and I had an afficiando of the game (a junior on campus) look at what I did, and he showed a few things I would never have found out on my own. Loved it.
My explortions so far have been limited, but after the experience of building for others to see, I feel that I will look further, I will try to fing the things I've read about like Disneyland in Minecraft. I do believe, I've become a fan of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment